An Important Message from Superintendent Frigoletto (11-22-2021)
November 22, 2021
Dear Wayne Highlands School Community:
Since last Friday, November 19, 2021, we have been notified of seven (7) confirmed cases of COVID-19; six (6) at Honesdale High School and one (1) at Damascus Area School.The individuals are in self-quarantine and will remain in isolation per Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) guidelines.Since being notified, we have been coordinating implementation of all the necessary contact tracing protocols with the DOH.Any individuals who were identified as close contacts were instructed to self-quarantine. In addition, in accordance with guidelines, all of the cleaning and disinfecting of the exposed locations has been completed.Nothing is more important than the safety and health of everyone in our school community.We all need to work together, doing the best we can, to prevent the spread.
As the Coronavirus situation continues to develop, and to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in our school community, we ask that you consider following the Department of Health precautions listed below:
- Wear a mask and maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from any person while outside the home and avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
- Stay home when you are sick. Watch for symptoms of COVID-19 including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands, to cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- If you are contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health or your local health department, please cooperate with monitoring and follow all instructions so that other people do not become sick.
If you or any members of your household develop symptoms of COVID-19 or have symptoms that worsen, notify your local health department or the Pennsylvania Department of Health immediately at 1-877-724-3258 and contact a health care provider.
Please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website (www.health.pa.gov) for the latest information about COVID-19.