A MESSAGE FROM SUPERINTENDENT FRIGOLETTO
SCHOOL REOPENING HEALTH AND SAFETY PLAN
On July 27, 2020, the Board of Education approved the Wayne Highlands School District Health and Safety Plan. The plan outlines our instructional and non-instructional school reopening activities for the 2020-2021 school year. As we are all well aware, the COVID-19 Pandemic has presented significant challenges to our entire community, and beyond. As a District, we are committed to the health and safety of all of our students, their families, as well as our faculty and staff. The Wayne Highlands’ Plan has been developed fully cognizant that families may view the reopening of school differently. As a result, to begin the school year, we are providing three instructional options within the Wayne Highlands School District. After reviewing the WHSD Health and Safety Plan at http://www.whsdk12.com/ and having attended building level Question & Answer Zoom Meetings (see schedule and login information below), we are hopeful that our parents will be able to make informed decisions regarding their child’s return to school. Listed below is a summary of the current instructional options to begin the 2020-2021 school year. Should Governor Wolf declare Wayne County a different color designation (yellow or red), options will be presented accordingly. As I have emphasized from the beginning, thank you for your continued cooperation, understanding and trust as we navigate through this very difficult and complicated time. We are ALL in this together.
Educational Options to begin the 2020-2021 School Year:
Please Note: You will be receiving an invitation to complete an online survey, indicating your Educational Declaration for each of your children, beginning on August 5, 2020. Parents must make a declaration for each of their children by August 10, 2020.
1.Traditional Learning (In-Person)
- Health and Safety Protocols - A TOP Priority
- Maintain In-Person Connections with Teachers and Classmates
- Attend School Monday - Friday In-Person
- Transportation and Lunch Available Daily
- ALL the Benefits of a Quality Wayne Highlands Education
2.Wayne Highlands LIVE (Learning In Virtual Environment)
- Learning at Home with Your Child’s Wayne Highlands Teachers
- Instruction both “Live” (synchronous) AND Recorded (asynchronous)
- Virtual Engagement and Interaction with Wayne Highlands’ Teachers and Classmates
- Identical Curriculum and Instruction as In-School Peers
3.Wayne Highlands Virtual Campus
- Online Education Program in Coordination with VLN Partners
- Quality Curriculum Aligned to Wayne Highlands’ Courses of Study
- Remain a Wayne Highlands Student
- Local Connection through Wayne Highlands Liaison
Question & Answer Session with your School Principal via Zoom:To join the meetings, log on to https://www.whsdk12.com, select the appropriate school, and click on the provided Zoom link at the designated time.
- Damascus Area School on Monday, August 3, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. ***RECORDING AVAILABLE***
- Honesdale High School on Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. ***RECORDING AVAILABLE***
- Lakeside Elementary School on Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
- Preston Area School on Monday, August 3, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. ***RECORDING AVAILABLE***
- Stourbridge Primary Center on Wednesday, August 5, 2020 – Kindergarten at 5:00 p.m., Grades 1 & 2 at 6:15 p.m.
- Wayne Highlands Middle School on Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. ***RECORDING AVAILABLE***
IMPORTANT LINKS AND INFORMATION
Welcome to Wayne Highlands School District
Wayne Highlands School District is a rural public school district based in Honesdale, Pennsylvania, and serving central and northeastern Wayne County. Wayne Highlands is a third-class school district in Wayne County, Pennsylvania. The district's population was 20,870 at the time of the 2010 United States Census. Read more...
Jun 13, 2020
Congratulations and good luck to the Honesdale High School Class of 2020!
Apr 3, 2019
Ella Sherman will represent Honesdale High School this week at the State Choir…
News About Our Schools
Our Social Media
ONE CALL ALERTS
We are using One Call Now to help keep you stay informed about school closings and delays, school and classroom activities, and school announcements. One Call Now lets us send quick messages via voice call, text messages, or email to everyone involved with the school district.
We’ll be able to stay in touch without anyone revealing your personal contact information. Signing up for our messages is easy.
Currently if your student(s) are enrolled at Wayne Highlands School District, your phone numbers you provided to us are already enrolled into our One Call Now Alert System.If you would like to signup, maintain, or update your current phone numbers for our District alert system, please visit our website for more information.